Thursday, November 17, 2011

Al Gore's Infinite Wisdom

"Air travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo" - Al Gore.

Totes, Al. Totes.

On September 8, I boarded the first plane in a series of planes to get to Uganda. The route: Vancouver --> L.A. (why? No clue) --> Amsterdam --> Kigali --> Entebbe.
27+ hours later I had arrived.

My first impressions? Hard to say as I arrived after 10pm on Sept. 9 and once past the airport, lighting on the streets was limited. As I was riding along in the shuttle that took me to my accomodation, I did have a massive grin on my face.

So, I was exhausted, gross, smelly, and probably looked deranged with that grin on my face. Good thing it WAS dark, then!

1 comment:

  1. I like the quote by Al Gore.

    And I'm sure you didn't look that deranged!

    ReplyDelete